Our goals at J.V. Washam Elementary School are to teach and prepare the staff and students for the importance of technology in their lives, how to effectively use technology tools and redefine how a school classroom works. The use of technology must not be a supplement to our curriculum but instead allow a new way of viewing student learning. Our goal will be to prepare our students to be able to be:
• Risk takers
• Self-directed learners
• Flexible in how to use tools
• Create by using video, apps etc
• Global communicators
• Become authentic writing
• Prepare for life outside of school
- Students cannot download apps while at school
- Students cannot charge devices during the day
- Students are responsible for their device
- Use only BYOT wifi networks and not 4G
- Use devices for learning
- Make good choices
Important Documents (Click word(s) to view): AUP Brochure Collection FlyerBYOT in Action produced by CMS Instructional Technology
BYOT is linked to the curriculum (Common Core)
BYOT is not about the device but about the learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will there be a permission form that needs to be signed before a student brings a personal device to school? There is no district special-permission form to be signed. Students have already signed an Acceptable Use Agreement and the Code of Conduct.
- When will my students use the device? The teacher is in charge of classroom procedures, including internet access. Although access is available, it is not guaranteed for every classroom situation. The teacher will let the students know when they can use the device. Students can use the devices for reading, research, note taking.