Title I is the largest federal education-funding program. It provides funding for high poverty schools to help students who are behind academically or at risk of falling behind. (http://www.cms.k12.nc.us/cmsdepartments/ci/supportservices/section504/title-I/Pages/default.aspx)
James Martin Middle School is a Title I. We receive additional resources for professional development, instructional supplies, support programs, and parental involvement. These resources assist us in providing equitable educational experiences for our students.
- plan for comprehensive, long-term improvement
- serve all students with highly qualified teachers and paraprofessionals
- provide continuous learning for staff, parents, and the community
- use research-based practices to develop and implement enriched instruction for all students
- use inclusive approaches to strengthen the school's organizational structure
- consolidate resources to achieve programs goals
- engage in continuous self-assessment and improvement
If you have questions about Title I you may contact us here at the school at 980-343-5382 or the Title I Office at 980-343-6950 or go to www.ncpublicschools.org/nclb on the Web for more information.
We are looking forward to a year of educational success and continuous improvement for all of our students. Please continue to work with us to make sure that we achieve success for each student.
Tonya Faison, Principal
JMMS Title I Documents
CMS Parent Involvement Policy English Spanish.pdf
JMMS Parent Involvement Policy.pdf
Parent Right to Know 201718.pdf
Information regarding James Martin Middle NC School Report Card can be found at http://www.ncreportcards.org/src/. Information regarding Choice, SES, and Corrective Action can be found at http://www.ncpublicschools.org/nclb/.