2017 – 2018 SCHOOL LEADERSHIP TEAM
The School Leadership Team facilitates the involvement of the school community in the development of the School Improvement Plan by encouraging, supporting and creating opportunities for involvement from parents in the community, contributing to the design of the School Improvement Plan, and monitoring the effectiveness of the School Improvement Plan strategies.
WHAT: School Leadership Team Meetings
HOW OFTEN: Monthly (3rd Tuesday, except Sept)
WHAT TIME: 7:45 am
WHERE: James Martin Middle School Media Center
UPCOMING MEETING DATES:
*Additional meetings might be held and emails regarding the date and location will be sent out at least a week prior
2017 – 2018 School Improvement Team (SLT)
Members of the School Leadership Team are directly involved in the development of the School Improvement Plan, and as appropriate, some of the day-to-day operations of the school.
Dean of Students
|Erica Wallaceemail@example.com||Academic FacilitatorSLT Chairperson|||
|Geneva Bell |
Teacher Science SLT Co-Chairperson
August 18, 2017
August 18, 2017
|Cassandra Alexander ||firstname.lastname@example.org || Teacher ELA||August 18, 2017 |
|Todnie Lotharp ||email@example.com ||Teacher EC||August 18, 2017 |
|Timothy Zaccagninofirstname.lastname@example.org||Teacher Math||August 18, 2017 |
|Eric Glenn ||email@example.com ||Teacher S.S.||August 18, 2017 |
|Priscilla Anderson ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||Teacher ELA||August 18, 2017 |
|Eboni Wooten ||email@example.com ||Teacher Drama||August 18, 2017 |
|Leander Leak ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||BMT||August 21, 2017|
|Levar Grant ||email@example.com ||Counselor||August 21, 2017|
| Arveta Ellis ||Arvetal.firstname.lastname@example.org ||Secretary||August 21, 2017 |
| Willie Jones ||Willie.email@example.com ||Custodian||August 21, 2017 |
School Leadership Team Responsibilities:
- Facilitating the development of the School Improvement Plan.
- Using data as the driving force to create programmatic instructional change.
- Monitoring, assessing and amending the School Improvement Plan, as needed. Advancing policies and procedures that enhance achievement and meet educational, safety and parent involvement goals.
- Facilitating communication within the Professional Learning Community.
- Building the capacity of the school to address parent and staff concerns.
2017-2018 James Martin Middle School Committees
Climate and Culture
The School Culture Committee will be responsible for increasing student moral facilitating and student activities.
- Student recognition ceremonies
- Implementing a positive reward system
- School dances
- Pep Rally's
Families and Communities
The Families and Communities Committee works with the business partners and Parents of James Martin Middle School to provide opportunities for partnerships throughout the school.
- Increase Parent participation
- Implement a parent Involvement Activity i.e.: kickball or basketball game
- Increase business partnerships within James Martin
The Hospitality Committee works together to improve staff morale, increase teacher retention and provide opportunities for the faculty and staff to get together and enjoy one another.
- Recognize staff birthdays
- Organize staff quarterly celebrations
- Welcoming New Staff
- Increasing teacher retention
College and Career Ready
The College and Career Ready committee works increase student awareness of college and career opportunities.
- Planning college tours
- Organize college week or day
- Invite guess speakers
The IMPACT committee works to ensure the use and the availability of media and technology, as well as the advancement of 21st Century skills for student success.
- 1:1 Technology Program
- Literacy thru Technology