Functions of a School Leadership Team (SLT)
· Facilitates the involvement of the school community in the development of the School Improvement Plan
· Encourages, supports and creates opportunities for involvement from parents in the community
· Contributes to the design of the School Improvement Plan
· Monitors the effectiveness of the School Improvement Plan strategies
Duties of the School Leadership Team
Although the School Leadership Team is not directly involved in the day-to-day operations of the school, it is involved in a number of tasks that affect the operation of the school.
The School Leadership Team performs the following duties:
· Facilitates the development of the School Improvement Plan
· Monitors, assesses and amends the School Improvement Plan
· Advances policies and procedures that enhance achievement and meet educational, safety and parent involvement goals
· Facilitates communication within the professional learning community
· Builds the capacity of the school to address parent and staff concerns
· Builds the capacity of the school to improve in the following areas:
ü High Academic Achievement
ü Effective Educators
ü Adequate Resources and Facilities
ü Safe and Orderly Schools
ü World-Class Service
ü Strong Parent and Community Relations
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions or would like to become involved with the Highland Creek Elementary School Leadership Team (SLT), please contact Sarah Foster, Parent & Chairperson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-953-6543.
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
The School Improvement Planning Process constitutes the cornerstone for building effective schools where all stakeholders share in the responsibility for student learning and growth. The process is collaborative and encompasses every level: federal, state, district, school, community, parental, and student.
At the school level the School Improvement Process involves collaboration among members of the School Leadership Team, which includes parents, school staff and members of the community, to develop the School Improvement Plan- the unique blueprint that focuses the school on its’ strengths, challenges, goals, and plan of action.
2016-17 SLT Meeting Agendas and Minutes
AgendasSeptember Ocbober November February
September October November February March
2015-16 SLT Meeting Agendas and Minutes
AgendasSeptember October November February March April May
September October November February March April May June