Our Transitional 9 Program is a 9th grade transitional, drop-out prevention initiative that serves students throughout CMS. We provide remedial instruction to underachieving students to ensure their readiness for the high school experience.
Our students are:
- being given a second chance
- learning how to be young adults
- concentrating on academics
- taking advantage of the opportunities available at Hawthorne
Hawthorne Transitional 9 students are required to take high school courses including:
- One English course
- One Mathematics course
- Two Elective courses each semester
All course work can be applied toward high school graduation requirements. Our students have been given a distinctive opportunity. Those who successfully meet the requirements are promoted to the 10th grade.
Our program is unique in that:
- there is a low teacher to student ratio
- the small class size of the student population allows for a more individualized educational experience
- the increase emphasis on social and behavioral growth leads to a high level of character development
Hawthorne students are allowed to participate in extracurricular activities as long as they meet the academic, behavioral and attendance eligibility requirements.
To participate in our program, please see your home school guidance counselor. For additional information, please call Ms. Seegars at 980-343-6011 ext. 241.