Summer Book Swap 2016
Leadership Club is hosting a Summer Book Swap to support our school's Summer Reading Initiatives! Did you know research shows if students read at least five books over the summer they help minimize their "Summer Brain Drain"? Our goal is to send each owl home with 5 books to read over the summer months.
How It Works:
- CLEAN OUT any books that you have outgrown or already read
- DONATE books for the Swap (with parent permission) in the Treehouse through June 6
- SHOP books with your class- 5th Grade: Tuesday, June 7; K-4th Grade: Wednesday, June 8
- READ your new books, and many more, over the summer!
Ways to Help
1. Contribute gently-used books you have already read, with parent permission.
2. Donate grocery sacks for students to gather their books and transport them home.
3. Volunteer to help make our Swap a success: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084ca8ad2ea57-goesummer
Please let Miss Brinn know if you have any questions- email@example.com
CMS Summer Learning Blitz
Parents, are you looking for ways to keep your child learning during the summer? Are you looking for free safe educational web tools that you child can access anywhere, anytime? This summer students are encouraged to play using digital tools. The district has provided free access to digital tools that build math and reading skills. Simply visit the Summer Learning Blitz website to access the digital tools. Students have a chance to win prizes based on the amount of time they spend learning using digital tools. For every hour students spend on one of the three digital tools (Compass Learning, Kids A to Z, DreamBox) students will have their name entered into the drawing. The more time students spend on these tools, the more times their names will be entered to win AMAZING prizes.
The Summer Learning Blitz website will be live May 26. We will begin tracking student usage on June 13.
Once again, Grand Oak Elementary is offering EduKit as a simple and convenient option for busy parents to purchase school supplies for the 2016-2017 school year.
ORDER NOW to take advantage of maximum discounts. As always, you will receive our 100% guarantee!
If you have already placed your order, thank you!
We appreciate your continued support of the EduKit program at Grand Oak Elementary.
Teachers love it when students are prepared with
the correct supplies on the first day of school!
There are still spaces available in this Summer's edition of
If you are still unsure if this is for your child, please look at this video about Camp Invention.
Parents of 3rd Graders: Click the logo below to be taken to the LiveBinder for Read to Achieve.
Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook by clicking the icon: