Our School Demographics:
Our 2014-15 school enrollment is 1,118 students in grades K-5. Our school demographics are as follows: White 59.1%, Asian 29.0%, African American 8.3%, Hispanic 5.4%, Multi-Racial 1.9%, American Indian 1.4%, Pacific Islander .3%. Approximately 3.3% of our students are classified as LEP, 3.8% are classified as SWD, and 11.3% are classified as Gifted. Elon Park was recognized in 2012-2013 as having 77.2% of students on grade level or above and meeting all of our AYP goals.
At Elon Park Elementary, staff, students, families and community members collaborate to provide an extraordinary learning environment where all reach their full potential, enrich their individual talents and exhibit school pride…at ALL times, in EVERYTHING they do.
At Elon Park Elementary, the school community will support the commitment to the following:
Providing every student with rigorous, engaging and balanced instruction.
- Basing all decisions on student strengths and needs according to all available data.
- Appropriate, effective collaboration among staff, families and community members for the benefit of each student.
- Facilitation of 21st century learning through implementation of best practices.
- Delivery and participation in effective professional development.
- Continuous school improvement.
- 180 School Days resulting in a minimum of one year’s growth academically for every student.