Dear Eastover Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! Our Eastover faculty and staff members look forward to working with you and your child in order to have the most academically successful year ever!!! Student success for ALL is our goal here at Eastover. I believe with our dedication to high quality instruction, rigor, relationships, and student engagement, every student will learn to his or her full potential—every child, every day, for a better tomorrow.
I ask for you, our parents/guardians and community members, to please recognize that in order for your child (children) to be successful in school, your children (and our students) need your support, particularly, in these ways:
- Attend school daily and arrive on time, ready for the day's learning experience
- Complete all homework and other assignments given by teachers
- Read for pleasure at least 15-20 minutes daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Ask your child to share school experiences with you daily so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Inform the teacher if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject (maintaining a 2-way dialogue between parent and teacher)
- Honor and value the instructional time in each class—support limited interruptions during the school day so instructional time is maximized
- Know that as the parent, you expect for your child to succeed in school and go on to college
Eastover is off to an exciting start to the 2017-2018 school year!!! I am looking forward to seeing the enthusiasm of our staff and students and I look forward to our journey together!
Dr. Susan Nichols