East Mecklenburg Students take Civil Rights Field Trip
East Mecklenburg High School had 40 students, 8 teachers along with a university professor, retired teacher, and a cohort of students from Germany traveled from Charlotte to Alabama. On the trip students were able to visit:
- Walton County Georgia – the site of the Moore's Ford Bridge lynching);
- Atlanta, GA – the National Center for Civil & Human Rights,
- MLK Center/Church/Childhood Home;
- Montgomery, AL – the Civil Rights Memorial Center,
- Rosa Parks Museum,
- First Baptist Church/Freedom Riders;
- Selma, AL - Edmund Pettis Bridge
- Birmingham, AL – the Civil Rights Institute,
- 16th Street Baptist Church,
- Kelly Ingram Park /Freedom Walk.
The CMS Student Assignment vision is to provide all students the best education available anywhere, prepare every child to lead a rich and productive life.
To learn more information about the Student Assignment - Understanding the Process and the goals for the Student Assignment, please click on the following links:
Student Assignment Understanging the Process.pdf
Student Assignment The Goals.pdf
East Mecklenburg HS 2015/16 Staff
East Mecklenburg HS 2014/15 Staff
CMS Student Portal - All access portal to learning for students in CMS.
Making It Better - CMS
Click here to access the instructions for setting up teacher account in Behavior Report (Making It Better - CMS).