About Our School
It all began on August 16, 1993 with the dedication of a brand new school named Crown Point Elementary School. The school opened the doors with approximately eight hundred seventy-five students and thirty-nine classroom teachers. The student body was quite diverse with students attending this school from many countries. Our school is dedicated and committed to providing an excellent educational experience for all students and developing children by their accomplishments.
1993-2003 Exemplary status and expected growth from the Charlotte Mecklenburg School District and North Carolina, School of Distinction, Five Star Rating for Before & After School Program
2004-2005 Met Federal Adequate yearly Progress Goals.
2005-2006 Earned North Carolina School of Excellence Award
2006-2007 Met Federal Annual Yearly Progress and NC Honor School of Distinction
2008-2009 Celebrated the school’s Fifteen Anniversary and earned NC School of Progress Award
2009-2010 Earned NC School of Distinction and High Growth
2012-2013 Earned and Met Expected Growth
29 out of 29 Goals of Annual Measurable Objectives
2013-2014 Earned and Met Expected Growth
*Crown Point Elementary earned a "C" on the North Carolina Annual Report Card.
2014-2015 Exceeded Expected Growth
*Crown Point Elementary earned a "B" on the North Carolina Annual Report Card.
At Crown Point Elementary School we empower students to:
- Become leaders
- Take responsibility for their learning
- Utilize creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Collaborate as a community to make Crown Point an exceptional place in which to learn
Empowering Today's Learners and Tomorrow's Leaders
- Students learn best in a supportive and engaging environment
- Every child has the potential to be successful
- Children respond positively to encouragement and high expectations
- Collaboration between school and community is essential