Dear Cotswold Families,
in order to provide a safe, healthy, allergy-free environment for all students we are adjusting our school policy on birthday treats.
We are no longer allowing outside food to be brought in for birthday celebrations.
We do have a safe option for parents to order birthday treats through the Cougar Cuisine (Cotswold's Cafeteria). The order form for the Cotswold Cuisine birthday treats is included in the week's Monday Cougar Folder. The order form can also be found on our school webpage.
I have also included some food-free ways to celebrate birthdays at school that are highly recommended:
- Bring in special party napkins (or party hats) to use with the usual school snack.
- Get a special "recess pass" and choose the main activity the class does at recess time.
- Bring in your favorite book and the teacher will read it to the class.
- Give a gift to the class, such as a book (write an inscription inside), a toy for the play area, or a game.
- Parents read to the class one day, and have other students interview your child about their favorite things.
- Get a card from the class. All the students sign it saying what they like most about the birthday honoree.
- Get a special sticker or crown to wear at school all day.
- Bring in a birthday prize box that includes fun pencils, stickers, and small toys.
I appreciate everyone's support for this new policy in advance!