Welcome Principal Rodd!
Dear Collinswood Community,
It is my privilege to serve as the next principal of Collinswood Language Academy. As I learn more about the deep traditions of excellence and rich cultural exchange among staff, students and parents, I am becoming increasingly more excited to lead this team and this community. Nurturing bilingualism towards the highest levels and emphasizing values of celebrating world cultures and embracing diversity, provides a foundation for our children to have lifelong success.
As I transition into this leadership role, my first goal is to get to know you, our students, parents, teachers, staff and community partners. I want to listen, understand your perspectives, hopes and dreams as well as any challenges you foresee for our school so that we all can collaborate together to ensure a safe, academically challenging learning experience for our students.
My intention is to be a lead learner over the next several months, so that we can build the foundation that will move our school into the next phase of achievement. As we begin this process, my hope is that you can establish trust in me so that we can work collaboratively as a team to make continuous improvements at Collinswood Language Academy.
I will be conducting meetings with individual staff, grade level teams, parents, students, and community partners as part of my learning. I am collaborating with our School Leadership Team and PTA leaders to set up “Community Principal Meet and Greets.”
You may also reach out to me at the school (980.343.5820) or contact me directly through email at Carolyn.Rodd@cms.k12.nc.us.
Collinswood Language Academy
Please use the links below to visit teacher and staff sites.
Favor de usar los enlaces que siguen para visitar los sitios del personal.
- Students should be in class by 9:15 and parents have until 3:00 to pick students up early.
- Students may not be dropped off and left unattended before 8:45 a.m.
- Students arriving after 9:15 must be accompanied to the office by an adult.
- Please read more about absences and early dismissal here: Attendance and Early Dismissal
- Los estudiantes deben de estar en la clase a las 9:15 y los padres tienen hasta las 3:00 para llevar a sus hijos temprano.
- No se puede dejar en la escuela a los estudiantes sin supervisión antes de las 8:45 a.m.
- Los estudiantes que llegan después de las 9:15 a.m. necesitan pasar a la oficina con su padre.
- Para leer más sobre la asistencia y las salidas tempranas, baje el archivo: Asistencia y Salidas Tempranas
Attention Prospective Kindergarten Parents!
Do you have a rising kindergartener? If so, you don't want to miss one of our four upcoming Open Houses designed to answer all of your questions about the benefits of a dual language Spanish immersion program! At Collinswood,
students receive instruction in both English and Spanish and are
by the time they graduate. Check out this video about Collinswood https://youtu.be/M5s2jhNPtcM produced and edited by Collinswood eighth-grade students.
The first dual language school in North Carolina,
Collinswood has been recognized locally, nationally and internationally for its high academic success, commitment to diversity, and quality of program.
In 2014, Magnet Schools of America selected Collinswood as one of the top five magnet schools in the country.
From kindergarten to eighth grade, Collinswood provides a challenging and loving environment to help every child grow and thrive.
Want more information? Go to
http://www.collinswoodpta.com/content/open-houses-for-prospective-2016-2017-students or call us at 980-343-5820.