Clear Creek Elementary School's instructional program is designed to implement and extend the Common Core State Standards and North Carolina Essential Standards. Instruction is provided by a dedicated professional staff of teachers and instructional associates that focuses on the areas of reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, science and language arts. Also, specialized instruction is provided in the areas of Physical Education, Music, Media, Art, Computer and ESL. We also have an Exceptional Children's Teacher, Talent Development Teacher, Speech Pathologist, Literacy Facilitator and Student Service Specialist. Our primary goal is to assure each child's success by implementing a challenging program in all our classrooms.
The history of Clear Creek School spans a period of 100 years. The schools in this community were first called subscription schools, as each child has to pay tuition. The school term consisted of three months of attendance in the winter and six weeks in the summer. This was done so that the "expense for clothing would not be too high and not to conflict with the harvest." These schools were usually named for the person on whose land they were built. Subscriptions were charged to those who attended and were used to pay the teacher's monthly salary of $25.00.
The following were subscription schools:
- Beaver School
- Dulin School
- Jennie William Flowe School
- Old Arlington Church School
- Allen Presbyterian School
- Industrial Spaulding School
- J.T. Flowe School.
The five public schools before the present Clear Creek School were:
- Lemmond School
- Houston School
- Joyner School (better known as Taylor's Turn-Out School)
- Blair School
- Flowe School.
In 1901, Arlington Baptist High School was opened and operated by the present Arlington Baptist Church. In 1924, the school known as Clear Creek was established on the present site. The bell was moved to the new cafeteria, which is presently our art and music building, when the latter was built. It was later moved to our main office area where it remains today.