Cato/Levine Middle College High School
May 9, 2014
First Time Phone Messages/Announcements:
- Next week our Physics and Social Studies students will be taking their AP Exams. Please make sure you arrive on time. You will need to bring a dark blue or black pen, (2) #2 pencils (not mechanical), and a graphing calculator for AP Calculus students. Please leave your phones and computers at home or in your car. No food or drinks are allowed. You should have already provided your CPCC teachers a letter if you have a CPCC/AP Test conflict.
- On behalf of our staff, thank you for the many acts of kindness this week in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Please see the Friday Folder email for information regarding CPCC book returns and final transcript for seniors.
- Seniors will have a mandatory Seminar on Thursday, May 15th at 10:15 in the Cato Auditorium to go over graduation procedures and expectations.
- Next Thursday, May 15th, we will have a student celebration in the rear parking lot of Cato with pizza and Snow Cones. Students will need to sign up if you plan to attend. We will begin the celebration at approximately 4:00. It is important for you to sign up before the end of the day on Wednesday if you plan to attend.
- With the end of the school year sight, we will not lose our focus and look forward to the last two weeks of school.
Reminders and Important Announcements :
- CMS Student Survey Directions: http://www.k12insight.com/CMS/Secondary2014.html
- CPCC BOOK RETURNS: In the next few weeks your CPCC classes will be over! When you have completed the class and you no longer need your books, please take them to the bookstore. They will take what they can and return to you the books that they will not buy back. Bring the books they will not take back and place them in the box in front of Ms. Stiles office. There will be a check off sheet with all of your names. Find your name and sign that you have returned your books. If the bookstore took them all, make that notation on the check off sheet. All students will need to complete this process before the end of the year.
- SENIOR FINAL TRANSCRIPTS: The college you are attending will require a final transcript. There is a google doc for you to enter that information on our webpage at /catoHS/Pages/TranscriptsGraduatesand FormerStudents.aspx Don’t forget that you will need to request your final transcripts from CPCC as well. This can be done with your My College Account. The directions can be found at http://www.cpcc.edu/admissions/student-records/transcripts?searchterm=transcript+requests
- AP EXAMS: If our students sit for an AP Exam, they will not have a final teacher made exam for that AP course on May 16-20. If a student is enrolled in an AP course and does not sit for the exam, they will be required to take a teacher made exam for that course on May 16-20.
- CMS Parent Survey Directions: www.cms.k12.nc.us, parents tab at the top left of page.
- Please register with the following business who will contribute funds to Cato: Harris Teeter – Register your VIC card for school 7203, and Target - #153336 and you can register online or at 1-800-316-6142.
- FREE ACT/SAT TEST PREP – Proven to increase SAT and ACT scores
- Free, Online Study Guides - The Triumph College Admissions Online Study Guide for SAT and the TCA Online Study Guide for ACT are free online tools available to help you prepare for taking the PSAT, SAT and ACT. You may use these study guides at any time. Use the study guides to learn more about the test, review specific skills, take practice quizzes, and track your progress. Go to the CMCHS CMS Website and click on ACT /SAT Test Prep under CMS Resources.
- Free, Online Prep Course – Within the Triumph Online Study Guide, you will also find FinalPrep for the SAT and ACT, online sessions designed for preparation the week before the test. FinalPrep helps you to review the structure, format, skills, and test-taking tips you need before you take the test. Go to the CMCHS CMS Website and click on ACT/SAT Test Prep under CMS Resources.
Daily CMCHS Schedule
11:20-12:50 1st Block
1:15-2:45 2nd Block
2:50-4:20 3rd Block
Calendar of Events
May 10 AP Blitz, APUSH, Physics, Amick Honors Pre-Calculus, 9:00-1:00
12 AP Physics Exam, 11:45-4:00
Regular school day for students not taking AP Physics Exam
13 Last day of CPCC exams
14 AP U.S. History Exam, 7:45-12:00
Regular school day for students not taking APUSH Exam
15 Regular school day for all students
Required Senior Seminar, 10:15, auditorium (grad. Info)
End of Year Celebration, 4:20, Cato rear parking lot
16 CMCHS/LMCHS 3rd Period Exam, 10:00-2:00
19 CMCHS/LMCHS 2nd Period Exam, 10:00-2:00
20 CMCHS/LMCHS 1st Period Exam, 10:00-2:00
21 Exam Make-Ups
End of 4th Quarter
11:00, Graduation Rehearsal, Oven’s Auditorium
22 CMCHS Graduation, 1:00, Oven’s Auditorium
CPCC Spring 2014 Final Exam Schedule
DAY CLASSES EVENING CLASSES
Your Class Meets Your Exam Is Your Class Meets Your Exam is
MWF 7:30-8:20 8-10:30, Friday, May 9 Monday only 6:00-8:30, Monday, May 12
MWF 8:30-9:30 8-10:30, Wednesday, May 7 Tuesday only 6:00-8:30, Tuesday, May 13
MWF 9:30-10:20 8-10:30, Monday, May 12 Wednesday only 6:00-8:30, Wednesday, May 7
MWF 10:30-11:20 11-1:30, Wednesday, May 7 Thursday only 6:00-8:30, Thursday, May 8
MWF 11:30-12:20 11-1:30, Monday, May 12 Friday only 6:00-8:30, Friday, May 9
MWF 12:30-1:20 11-1:30, Friday, May 9 Mon/Wed before 7:00 6:00-8:30, Wednesday, May 7
MWF 1:30-2:20 2-4:30, Wednesday, May 7 Mon/Wed after 7:00 6:00-8:30, Monday, May 12
MWF 2:30-3:20 2-4:30, Monday, May 12 Tues/Thurs before 7:00 6:00-8:30, Tuesday, May 13
MWF 3:30-4:20 2-4:30, Friday, May 9 Tues/Thurs after 7:00 6:00-8:30, Thursday, May 8
MWF 4:30-5:20 4:30-7:00, Wednesday, May 7
TR 8:00-9:15 8:00-10:30, Tuesday, May 13
TR 9:30-10:45 8:00-10:30, Thursday, May 8
TR 11:00-12:15 11:00-1:30, Tuesday, May 13
TR 12:30-1:45 11:00-1:30, Thursday, May 8
TR 2:00-3:15 2:00-4:30, Tuesday, May 13
TR 3:30-4:45 2:00-4:30, Thursday, May 8
SAT only Saturday, May 10