Shout Out to the following seniors for their accomplishments!
- Te'Aja Praylow - accepted to UNCC Pre-Nursing program and UNCG's Nursing program.
- Frank Jacobs - Presidential Scholarship from Wingate University, $72,000, accepted to Hampden-Sydney College
- Kirstie Ann Eaton - accepted to Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD)
- Fallon Scott - accepted to USC Beaufort, UNCC, Western Carolina, UNC -Wilmington and College of Charleston
- Kirsten Dillingham - accepted to UNC-G, received Gardner Webb's Presidential scholarship valued at $52,000
- S'Kiera Coates- accepted to UNCC, received a $25,000 scholarship to Wingate University, and a full scholarship to NC Central
- Alexus Johnson-Smith - accepted to UNC-G
- Tahjma Van Buren - accepted to UNC-G
- Matt Springhetti - accepted to UNC -Wilimington
- Zantasia Hines - accepted to UNC-G.
- Brianna Bell - accepted to Livingstone College
Congratulations to Kristyna Queen and Whitney Kouaho for winning the Oscar Merritt scholarship. They will visit New York in the spring to tour the city and the United Nations.
Final exams are scheduled for Monday, December 15 - Wednesday, December 17 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. . December 18-19 are make-up days. Winter break is scheduled for December 22 - January 2.
Senior quotes for the yearbook are due to Ms. Bates.
Cato has a Twitter account. Follow @Catoguidance!
Scholarship opportunities are being added! Visit the following website at least weekly. http://catomchscounseling.cmswiki.wikispaces.net//home.
Grab yourself a slice of the pie! For every purchase made using the code "catoowls," our school will receive 30% of the proceeds! School nights are on Tuesdays. However, the code can be used at any time until the end of the school year at the Papa John's location on N. Tryon (9335 N. Tryon Street, Charlotte 28262).
Our next School Leadership (SLT) meeting is Wednesday, January 28 at 10 a.m.
The CMCHS prom is scheduled for May 9, 2014. The theme is The Great Gatsby. Prom tickets are now on sale for $70.
The CMCHS graduation ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, May 21 at 5 p.m. at Ovens Auditorium.