Cato/Levine Middle College High School
February 28, 2014
First Time Phone Messages/Announcements:
- All of our 11th grade students will be taking the ACT Test on Tuesday, March 4th from 11:20-approximately 4:20. 11th graders will not be allowed to attend their CPCC classes between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on March 4th. Seniors will not have high school classes on March 4th but will be expected to work on their Graduation Project portfolios and attend your CPCC classes. Levine students will be required to take the ACT on the Cato Campus on March 4th. Students can pick up a letter from Ms. Henry and Ms. Boeche for you to give to your CPCC instructors prior to March 4th for any CPCC classes that you will miss.
- This Monday is absolutely the last day to order a yearbook and senior ads. You can order your yearbook online or you can see Ms. Bates on Monday. Yearbooks are $40.
- Prom tickets will go on sale after spring break. The prom will be Saturday, May 3rd from 7:00-11:00 at SMS Catering. Prom tickets will be $50.
- Next week is important as we reach the end of third quarter. Mid-Term exams will be given next Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. We will be on a regular schedule during these mid-term exams.
Reminders and Important Announcements :
Upcoming Picture Dates for the Yearbook
- Students will be able to purchase yearbooks online this year. Directions can be found at /catoHS/Pages/OnlineSchoolPayments.aaspx which will be available October 1, 2013-March 3, 2014.
- Please register with the following business who will contribute funds to Cato: Harris Teeter – Register your VIC card for school 7203, and Target - #153336 and you can register online or at 1-800-316-6142.
- FREE ACT/SAT TEST PREP – Proven to increase SAT and ACT scores
- Free, Online Study Guides - The Triumph College Admissions Online Study Guide for SAT and the TCA Online Study Guide for ACT are free online tools available to help you prepare for taking the PSAT, SAT and ACT. You may use these study guides at any time. Use the study guides to learn more about the test, review specific skills, take practice quizzes, and track your progress. Go to the CMCHS CMS Website and click on ACT /SAT Test Prep under CMS Resources.
- Free, Online Prep Course – Within the Triumph Online Study Guide, you will also find FinalPrep for the SAT and ACT, online sessions designed for preparation the week before the test. FinalPrep helps you to review the structure, format, skills, and test-taking tips you need before you take the test. Go to the CMCHS CMS Website and click on ACT/SAT Test Prep under CMS Resources.
Daily CMCHS Schedule
11:20-12:50 1st Block
1:15-2:45 2nd Block
2:50-4:20 3rd Block
Calendar of Events
March 4 11:20-4:20 ACT Test – 11th Graders
No CMS classes for 12th graders but must attend CPCC classes
5-7 Mid-Term Exams CMCHS/LMCHS
7 Last day of 3rd Quarter CMCHS/LMCHS
10-14 Spring Break for CPCC/CMCHS/LMCHS
17 CMCHS/LMCHS Makeup school day from 1/29/14
18 Begin 4th Quarter CMCHS/LMCHS
April 4 11th Grade Research Papers due to Ms. Nickoloff/Ms. Williams
11 12th Grade Portfolios due to Ms. Hoefer
“Pot Luck” at Levine
16 School Leadership Team meeting at Cato, 10:00
17 4th Quarter Progress Reports come home with students
18 Spring Holiday – No CPCC/CMCHS/LMCHS classes
22-24 Senior Graduation Project Presentations
May 3 Cato/Levine Prom, 7:00-11:00, SMS Catering Services
AP Blitz at Cato, 9:00-1:00
5 AP Environmental Science Exam, a.m.
7 AP Calculus AB/BC Exam, a.m.
8 AP English IV Exam, a.m.
9 AP English III Exam, a.m.
10 AP Blitz, APUSH, Physics
12 AP Physics Exam, p.m.
13 Last day of CPCC classes
14 AP U.S. History Exam, a.m.
16-20 CMCHS/LMCHS Final Exams
21 Exam Make-Ups
End of 4th Quarter
11:00, Graduation Rehearsal, Oven’s Auditorium
22 CMCHS Graduation, 1:00, Oven’s Auditorium
CPCC Spring 2014 Final Exam Schedule
DAY CLASSES EVENING CLASSES
Your Class Meets Your Exam Is Your Class Meets Your Exam is
MWF 7:30-8:20 8-10:30, Friday, May 9 Monday only 6:00-8:30, Monday, May 12
MWF 8:30-9:30 8-10:30, Wednesday, May 7 Tuesday only 6:00-8:30, Tuesday, May 13
MWF 9:30-10:20 8-10:30, Monday, May 12 Wednesday only 6:00-8:30, Wednesday, May 7
MWF 10:30-11:20 11-1:30, Wednesday, May 7 Thursday only 6:00-8:30, Thursday, May 8
MWF 11:30-12:20 11-1:30, Monday, May 12 Friday only 6:00-8:30, Friday, May 9
MWF 12:30-1:20 11-1:30, Friday, May 9 Mon/Wed before 7:00 6:00-8:30, Wednesday, May 7
MWF 1:30-2:20 2-4:30, Wednesday, May 7 Mon/Wed after 7:00 6:00-8:30, Monday, May 12
MWF 2:30-3:20 2-4:30, Monday, May 12 Tues/Thurs before 7:00 6:00-8:30, Tuesday, May 13
MWF 3:30-4:20 2-4:30, Friday, May 9 Tues/Thurs after 7:00 6:00-8:30, Thursday, May 8
MWF 4:30-5:20 4:30-7:00, Wednesday, May 7
TR 8:00-9:15 8:00-10:30, Tuesday, May 13
TR 9:30-10:45 8:00-10:30, Thursday, May 8
TR 11:00-12:15 11:00-1:30, Tuesday, May 13
TR 12:30-1:45 11:00-1:30, Thursday, May 8
TR 2:00-3:15 2:00-4:30, Tuesday, May 13
TR 3:30-4:45 2:00-4:30, Thursday, May 8
SAT only Saturday, May 10