Cato Middle College High School
November 22, 2013
First Time Phone Messages/Announcements:
· On December 3rd and 4th, our seniors will be doing their Graduation Project Presentations. We are in need of volunteer judges for these presentations. Volunteers will report to Cato at 8:15 for a quick training session and presentations will run from 8:50 until 11:00 both days. Please email Ms. Nickoloff if you are available to help us on one or both days. Lynneh.firstname.lastname@example.org I promise that you will find this an enjoyable experience. We look forward to hearing from you.
· The junior class will be selling Cato t-shirts, long sleeve shirts and hoodies through November 26th. Please see Ms. Ducote if you are interested.
· On Monday, November 25th we will be having two very important events in the Cato Auditorium. At 6:00 p.m. we will have our Fall National Honor Society Induction followed by our College Financial Aid Parent meeting at 6:45.
· The Cato National Honor Society and Junior SGA will be sponsoring a winter clothing and coat drive November 18 through December 18. Donations can be placed in room 178. Donations will be given to Cabarrus Victims Assistance Network. One lucky donor will receive a gift card. Find either Asia, Sumaya or Thomas and give your items to one of them to be eligible for the gift card raffle.
· This is a reminder that CPCC and CMCHS classes will be in session next Wednesday.
· Next Thursday and Friday are Thanksgiving Holidays for staff and students. Thank you for the awesome opportunity for me to serve as your principal. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Reminders and Important Announcements :
· The Yearbook Committee will be collecting senior ads for the yearbook beginning October 1st. Ads will be $30 and can be paid for online on the CMCHS CMS website or by check/cash to Ms. Bates. Senior ads are full page only and must fit the dimensions 6.25 inches x 9.875 inches. Layout must be submitted electronically by USB to Ms. Bates or emailed directly to her at email@example.com Ads must be school appropriate and designed/approved by the parents or guardians. Ad collection ends February 1, 2014.
· Students will be able to purchase yearbooks online this year. Directions can be found at /catoHS/Pages/OnlineSchoolPayments.aaspx which will be available October 1, 2013-March 1, 2014.
· Please register with the following business who will contribute funds to Cato: Harris Teeter – Register your VIC card for school 7203, and Target - #153336 and you can register online or at 1-800-316-6142.
· FREE ACT/SAT TEST PREP – Proven to increase SAT and ACT scores
· Free, Online Study Guides - The Triumph College Admissions Online Study Guide for SAT and the TCA Online Study Guide for ACT are free online tools available to help you prepare for taking the PSAT, SAT and ACT. You may use these study guides at any time. Use the study guides to learn more about the test, review specific skills, take practice quizzes, and track your progress. Go to the CMCHS CMS Website and click on ACT /SAT Test Prep under CMS Resources.
· Free, Online Prep Course – Within the Triumph Online Study Guide, you will also find FinalPrep for the SAT and ACT, online sessions designed for preparation the week before the test. FinalPrep helps you to review the structure, format, skills, and test-taking tips you need before you take the test. Go to the CMCHS CMS Website and click on ACT/SAT Test Prep under CMS Resources.
Daily CMCHS Schedule
11:20-12:50 1st Block
1:15-2:45 2nd Block
2:50-4:20 3rd Block
Calendar of Events
November 25 6:00, Fall National Honor Society Induction, Cato Auditorium
6:45, College Financial Aid Parent Workshop, Cato Auditorium
26 Jr. T Shirt orders due
27 No CMS lunches delivered to Cato
28-29 Thanksgiving Holidays for CMCHS and CPCC
December 3-4 Senior 1st Semester Graduation Project Presentations
3 College Wear – Wear your favorite college apparel
5 6:30 Levine Middle College High School Orientation, Levine Auditorium
6-11 CPCC Final Exams
11 Last day of CPCC classes (Please see exam schedule below)
13 “Pot Luck” Lunch
17-19 CMCHS Final Exams
20 Make-up exams only
Last day of first semester
January 2-3 CMCHS Teacher Workday
6 CMCHS second semester begins
7 1st Semester Report Cards come home with students
13 CPCC second semester begins
February 20 MLK, Jr. Holiday for CPCC/CMCHS
March 5-7 Mid-Term Exams CMCHS
7 Last day of 3rd Quarter CMCHS
10-14 Spring Break for CPCC/CMCHS
17 Teacher Workday CMCHS, CPCC classes in session
18 Begin 4th Quarter CMCHS
April 18 Spring Holiday – No CPCC/CMCHS classes
May 3 Cato Prom, 7:00-11:00, SMS Catering Services
22 CMCHS Graduation, 1:00, Oven’s Auditorium
CPCC Fall 2013 Final Exam Schedule
DAY CLASSES EVENING CLASSES
Your Class Meets Your Exam Is Your Class Meets Your Exam is
MWF 7:30-8:20 8:00-10:30, December 6 Monday only 6:00-8:30, December 9
MWF 8:30-9:20 8:00-10:30, December 11 Tuesday only 6:00-8:30, December 10
MWF 9:30-10:20 8:00-10:30, December 9 Wednesday only 6:00-8:30, December 11
MWF 10:30-11:20 11:00-1:30, December 11 Thursday only 6:00-8:30, December 5
MWF 11:30-12:20 11:00-1:30, December 9 Friday only 6:00-8:30, December 6
MWF 12:30-1:20 11:00-1:30, December 6 MW before 7PM 6-8:30, December 11
MWF 1:30-2:20 2:00-4:30, December 11 MW after 7PM 6:00-8:30, December 9
MWF 2:30-3:20 2:00-4:30, December 9 TR before 7PM 6:00-8:30, December 10
MWF 3:30-4:20 2:00-4:30, December 6 TR after 7PM 6:00-8:30, December 5
MWF 4:30-5:20 4:30-7:00, December 11
TR 8:00-9:15 8:00-10:30, December 10
TR 9:30-10:45 8:00-10:30, December 5
TR 11:00-12:15 11:00-1:30, December 10
TR 12:30-1:45 11:00-1:30, December 5
TR 2:00-3:15 2:00-4:30, December 10
TR 3:30-4:45 2:00-4:30, December 5
SAT only Saturday, December 7
SUN only Sunday, December 8