Shout Out to the following seniors for their college acceptances and scholarship offers!
- Te'Aja Praylow - accepted to UNCC. UNC-G and UNC-Wilmington.
- Frank Jacobs - Presidential Scholarship from Wingate University valued at $72,000, $75,000 Provost scholarship to Hofstra University; accepted to Hampden-Sydney College
- Kirstie Ann Eaton - accepted to Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD), Appalachian State University Honors College, and NC State
- Fallon Scott - accepted to USC Beaufort, UNCC, Western Carolina, UNC -Wilmington and College of Charleston; $42000 scholarship to USC Beaufort.
- Kirsten Dillingham - accepted to UNCG, received Gardner Webb's Presidential scholarship valued at $52,000
- S'Kiera Coates- accepted to UNCC ($3500), NC State University ($8000), Georgia Tech($15000), received a $25,000 scholarship to Wingate University, $15,000 scholarship to Hampton University and a full scholarship to NC Central University.
- Alexus Johnson-Smith - accepted to UNCG
- Tahjma Van Buren - accepted to UNCG
- Matt Springhetti - accepted to UNC -Wilimington
- Zantasia Hines - accepted to UNCG.
- Brianna Bell - accepted to Livingstone College, NC Central University, St. Augustine University, UNC-G ($11,500), and NC A&T University; $26,000 scholarship to Johnson C. Smith University ($21,000).
- Alexandria Perini - accepted to George Mason University and University of Alabama
- Bernard Randolph - accepted to UNCC
- Austin Cunningham - accepted to engineering programs at UNCC and NC State
- Julissa Broderick - accepted to UNCC and $52,000 scholarship to Queens University
- Katherine Holt- awarded Wingate University Trustee scholarship valued at $80,000
- Trevor Beckner Mundy - awarded the Wingate presidential scholarship valued at $64,000 and awarded the Montreat College Anderson scholarship valued at $20,000.
- Grace Kelly - accepted to Appalachian State University
- Matthew Peterson - accepted to Drake University, Case Western Reserve University, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Allegheny College, Thiel College, and Georgia State Honors College.
- Jasmine Bethea - accepted to NC Central University.
- Raya Boyd - accepted to Purdue University.
- McKenzie O'Hara - accepted to UNC Chapel Hill, University of South Carolina Honors College, University of Pittsburgh, and UNC Charlotte.
- CJ Keller - $42,000 scholarship to USC Beaufort
- Darrell Davis - accepted to UNC-G and Winston Salem State University
- Julia Valle - acceptedto University of Southern California, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, University of Miami and UNCC.
- Raya Boyd - accepted to Purdue University Honors College, NC State University Honors Program, UNC-Chapel Hill Honors Carolina, and Appalachian State University.
- Kyia Hudson- accepted to UNCC
- Collasas Ellis - accepted to University of West Virginia and Texas Tech.
- Dyrick Williams - accepted to Virginia Tech and NC State University.
Congratulations to Kristyna Queen and Whitney Kouaho for winning the Oscar Merritt scholarship. They will visited New York in the spring to tour the city and the United Nations.
Congratulations to Denasia Etheridge and Michael Westbrook for being selected to attend the WestPoint Global Leadership and Ethics Conference.
Congratulations to Whitney Kouaho, recipient of the British American Council Scholarship, a 12-day travel/study event in England.
Congratulations to Timothy Wright, a CMCHS juniro who will be recognized by the Young Black Males Leadership Alliance (YBM) at their Top 100 Recognition Ceremony.
Our last SLT meeting for the year is scheduled for Wednesday, April 29 from 10 - 11 a.m.
The Scholar Mom is coming to Cato! The Scholar Mom had over $1.6 million in scholarship offers for her children's education. Her expertise is providing helpful tips to families and helping them with advanced scholarship searches. The Scholar Mom is scheduled for May 1 and May 8 from 10 -11 a.m. Parents and students are invited to attend one of the sessions. The May 1 session will be in classroom CT 140. The May 8 session will be in the CMCHS Auditorium.
Cato has a Twitter account. Follow @Catoguidance!
AP Exam Schedule - All exams will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m.
Monday, May 4 Environmental Science
Tuesday, May 5: Calculus AB and Calculus BC
Wednesday, May 6: English Literature and Composition (12)
Friday, May 8: US History
Wednesday, May 13: English Language and Composition
Scholarship opportunities are being added! Visit the following website at least weekly. http://catomchscounseling.cmswiki.wikispaces.net//home.
Grab yourself a slice of the pie! For every purchase made using the code "catoowls," our school will receive 30% of the proceeds! School nights are on Tuesdays. However, the code can be used at any time until the end of the school year at the Papa John's location on N. Tryon (9335 N. Tryon Street, Charlotte 28262).
The CMCHS prom is scheduled for May 9, 2014. The theme is The Great Gatsby.
The CMCHS graduation ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, May 21 at 5 p.m. at Ovens Auditorium.