General Admissions Information
1. Click here to access the lottery application online. A CMS Student ID number and CMS PIN number are required to complete the lottery application.
To participate in the lottery, the following criteria must be met:
- You must be a curent Mecklenburg County resident.
- You must be a rising junior or senior.
If you do not currently attend a CMS school, you must have completed the Future Enrollment process and have been assigned a CMS Student ID number and CMS PIN number. Click here
to access Future Enrollment information.
After completing the lottery application, you should submit your test scores by scanning them to email@example.com. Assessment options and qualifying test scores are listed below. If you are using the CPCC Placement Test, you are responsible for submitting the test scores. CPCC will not submit the scores for you.
2. Complete and submit the online CPCC application to obtain your CPCC Student ID Number. Please read and follow the directions below while completing the online CPCC application located here.
Applying to CPCC Directions.docx
The CPCC registration office generates a CPCC student ID number which allows you to take practice placement tests onlne before you take the actual test. Information on the CPCC Placement test can be accessed here. The CPCC registration process must be completed even if you do not take the CPCC Placement test and are using one of the alternate test options.
3. Students who need to take the CPCC Placement test will need to create a CPCC login.
4. Schedule a time with the CPCC testing center by visting the CPCC testing website at http://www.cpcc.edu/testing_assessment/placement-testing. Please note calculators are not allowed in the testing center.
QUALIFYING TEST SCORES
Passing CPCC Placement Test (Accuplacer) scores are as follows:
NCDAP Reading, Revising & Writing / 151 or higher
Math - DMA 010-060 / 7 or higher on all
Appropriate alternate test scores are as follows
SAT (before March 2016) English- 500, Reading - 500, Math - 500
SAT (begin March 2016) Reading - 480, Writing - 480, Math - 530
Pre-ACT (begin Oct. 2016) English - 18, Reading- 22, Math - 22
ACT: English - 18, Reading - 22, Math - 22
PLAN: English - 15, Reading- 18, Math - 19
PSAT: Writing - 45, Reading -47, Math - 47
PSAT (begin Oct.2016): Writing & Language - 26, Reading - 26, Math - 24.5
Please visit retest policy for instructions on how to take the CPCC Placement test again in the event of scores that do not meet the qualifiers.
If you are not a current CMS Student and you have not enrolled, complete the New CMS student enrollment form below OR visit the student placement website to enroll. Click the Lottery Timeline link for additional informaiton.
Student Placement Forms_English.pdf
Student Enrollment Packet (Spanish).pdf